Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 4 ~ First Team Workout :)

So Tuesday was the first team workout. I was growing increasingly nervous as the day wore on, so unsure what was going to happen, if I could 'hack' it, etc. When I showed up, I was not alone. It seemed everyone I was talking to was absolutely scared and unsure as well. I felt a bit more at ease that I was not alone.

We started out with a jog to the bin at the end of the building and back. OK this was allright, got that taken care of, on to the next. Stretches, then on to circuit training in teams of 2 doubled up to 4. My team partner, Tanya was a warrior like me, who was down for pushing harder and further - which was awesome. There were some stations that I thought I would die. My arms are definitely weaker than my legs, but I could feel muscles working that I didn't think were that strong. So I surprised myself. At the end, we ran to the bin and back again and this time it was a little harder going up the little hill.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by how I felt and was energized but exhausted at the same time. Needless to say, I slept pretty soundly :).

This morning I awoke expecting to be super sore, but really feeling like I did a really strenuous spin workout. Pretty cool :)

About my competition....
There were a few people who sailed ahead of everyone in the short jogs, but overall I didn't see anyone that was an obvious stand out in terms of fitness during or after our team workout. I think I've got a pretty darn good shot - I feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment